People who know the value of spinner rings that actually spin will do anything to keep it that way. That is because apart from wearing it to jump on the trend, spinner rings offer a great form of anxiety and stress management.
Although the quality spinner rings we offer here at Ideaure Jewelry are designed to last for a long time, they are bound to stick or become frictional as they accumulate dirt and grime. As such, your spinner ring will no longer spin as smoothly as it once did - taking away its essence and muse. However, learning how to clean a spinner ring doesn’t just help restore some shine - it can also restore its spinning prowess.
To help, we have put together simple steps to help you take care of your spinner rings properly. Read through our article to learn how to make a spinner ring spin better, clean, lubricate them, and make them look better with simple, quick procedures.
We hope you find it handy!
What Exactly are Spinner Rings?
If you are wondering what spinner rings are, you probably have seen them before, but don't know them as "spinner rings." You may have come across them as "meditation rings" "worry rings" or "two banded rings." Whatever name you call them, they all refer to the same set of rings.
Spinner rings are rings with two bands, one smaller inner ring and an outer ring that is a bit larger. The difference in the band sizes allows the one outside to spin around the static inner band. Although some people choose spinner rings just for fashion, others have more handy uses for spinning jewelry.
See some of the reasons why people use spinner rings below;
Meditation and anxiety management
Spinner rings were originally used by the ancient Tibetans during meditation. They were sometimes called worry rings because spinning the rings had a calming effect on the mind and body. Today, people still believe that spinner rings help anxiety.
In fact, a large percentage of people who wear spinner rings use them because of their ability to reduce anxiety. That is why you would see people fiddle with their spinner rings when they are nervous or worried.
Spinner rings are also called prayer rings because they are used for religious practices. Apart from meditation purposes, Buddhists spin the prayer wheels when chanting their mantra to ward off bad energy and increase good karma.
Christians also pray with meditation spinner rings to deal with anxiety or as a reminder of their standing with God. Most Christian meditation rings are engraved with significant bible verses or words that encourage, strengthen, and give confidence.
Some people choose to use spinner rings for the simplest reason- fashion. For this set of people, fashion is the primary reason why they have the ring, while its spinning ability may come in handy for relieving stress once in a while.
That is easily justifiable as spinner rings come in different stylish finishes. Some of them are adorned with valuable stones and made with precious metals to look more appealing than others. Fashionable spinner rings usually cost more than regular prayer or meditation spinner rings.
Why Learning How to Clean Spinner Rings is so Important
As we stated earlier, spinner rings sometimes go squeaky and refuse to spin as they should. You could have prevented such an issue by cleaning your spinning ring occasionally and appropriately.
Since spinner rings are not like standard rings, it is tricky to clean them. Because of that, you need to know how to take care of them appropriately so they can keep spinning and also look appealing on the outside.
So, you need to learn how to clean spinner rings to;
- Help prevent the spinner ring from becoming stiff or rusty.
- Remove friction from the ring and help it spin smoothly again.
- Make the spinner ring look better.
In summary, cleaning your spinner rings is a preventive, as well as a method to deal with frictions and improve the appearance of the jewel.
How to Clean Spinner Rings: Step by Step Guide to Polishing Your Ring Properly
Now that you know how important it is to take care of your spinner ring, we will show you a step-by-step guide on how to clean it properly. If your spinner ring is stuck or squeaky, the steps below will help you remedy the issue.
- Step 1: Pour warm water into a bowl. Ensure that the water is not too hot as that may be harsh on the ring. A good way to check is by testing it on your skin. If the water is too hot for your skin, then it is not ideal for your spinner ring.
- Step 2: Add some soap to the warm water. Ensure that you don't use harsh detergents to wash your spinner ring. Mild liquid soap like morning fresh or Ajax will do just fine.
- Step 3: Mix the content in the bowl until there are bubbles on the surface of the water.
- Step 4: Drop your spinner ring in the soapy bowl of water and soak for about 5 minutes.
- Step 5: While still submerged, spin your ring back and forth to remove any deposits stuck in it. Repeat until the ring starts spinning freely.
- Step 6: Remove the spinner ring and rinse with warm, clean water.
Note: You don't have to clean your spinner ring with soap and water all the time. Sometimes, using a wiper can do the job perfectly. Just ensure that you lubricate the ring afterward.
How to Make a Spinner Ring Spin Better With Lubrication
Cleaning your spinner ring is never complete without the lubrication process. Water generally causes friction and sometimes rust in metallic objects. Because of that, ending the routine at cleaning your spinner ring with soap and water may facilitate friction between the bands.
Using lubricants will help take away the friction that water causes and help the spinner ring spin better. Also, you can add some lubricants to the ring to keep it spinning smoothly, even when it isn't due for a wash. See how to make a spinner ring spin better below;
- Get a bottle of lubricant- It can be a vegetable-based oil, essential oils, or industrial grease.
- Apply a little on your spinner ring
- Spin the ring back and forth until it is spinning smoothly
- Remove excess lubricant with a clean cloth or tissue paper.
Additional Spinner Ring Care Tips
See some bonus tips on how to care for your spinner rings below;
- Never use harsh substances on your spinner ring.
- Do not wash the rings with a hard toothbrush. If you need to apply a little force to remove debris or rust, use a soft brush.
- Lubricate your spinner ring as often as you can, don't wait till it gets stuck or squeaky.
- Don't wear your spinner rings in water.
- Store your spinner rings separately in a non-abrasive fabric.
- Remove your spinner ring before applying body lotions.
Final Thoughts on Caring for & Cleaning Spinner Rings
Spinner rings are usually easy to maintain despite their somewhat complex structure. All you have to do is take care of them the right way and they will last longer while keeping their spinning prowess. Luckily, we have provided all the tips you need to care for your spinner ring in this article and they are easy to do.
Did you enjoy reading our article on how to make spinner rings spin better and clean them properly? Then, don't pass by our vast selection of stylish, comfy, and affordable rings at Ideaure.
You can grab a silver spinner ring or explore our collection of unique Christian rings to spoil yourself or a loved one in your life. We also have beautifully crafted gem rings for women and other one-of-a-kind statement jewelry.
Whether you need a piece for yourself or one for your loved ones, Ideaure has an unrivaled collection of stunning and affordable rings to explore. Shop at Ideaure today!